Friday, January 9, 2009

My First Post

Good evening. Its 5:08pm in Kent. I was going to set up a dieting Blog, but decided that I probably had a lot more to talk about that just what I ate and how much I did or didn't exercise.
Anyway, I did decide to join a gym to start the new year off on a good note. I have actually gone 3 times this week, since I joined on Tuesday. They have tanning there also, and so I purchased a tanning package on my first day, because I was told it was cheaper that way. I am well on my way to being fit, tan, and saving money. Or at least thats what I'm supposed to think, right? Actually, I really do enjoy the hour and a half to myself-just me and my i-pod. Sometimes I watch tv too. I really like the tv's on the cardio equipment. I usually get there just in time to watch reruns of E.R.. Wow I'm rambling already. I used to be in Weight Watchers and it worked great for me-till I stopped going to the meetings and gained back ALL of the 15lbs. I lost. So now I think I can do it on my own- we'll see how that goes. LOL! Who knows, maybe this blogging thing will help. I promise to weigh myself once a week and post it for all to see. Maybe the humiliation factor will do it for me. So here it is, my weight for today Jan. 9th, 2009: 153lbs.
I may even go so far as to measure myself one of these days and try to keep track of that also, but one thing at a time. I have decide to do the Weight Watchers 'Points' system, because I know it works well, and its pretty easy to do. My points goal for each day is '23'. I think I need to go see a Chiropractor, my neck and shoulders are really hurting. I'm sure its Tension and stress. Things are really bad financially right now. In fact, I don't even have a job. My husband doesn't have a job either. (not that he couldn't, he just doesn't "want" one right now) But somehow God is taking care of things. My sister and her husband have been paying me to sell some things on craigslist for them, and I've done a few photo shoots, but my camera is mysteriously broken now, so I won't be doing any more photography for awhile. My friend, Becky, recently reminded me that we need to be thankful even (especially) in the hard times. That used to not be so difficult. I used to be a very thankful and positive person, but lately I've been stuck in a pity party, because my life really sucks right now. I am going to try really hard to be thankful everyday. Maybe that is something I can do on here as well. Today I am thankful that I was able to go to the gym and have some much needed alone time. Well, now I need to quiet all the screaming children with grumbling tummies. Off to make dinner- salmon burgers.(no bun for me though)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad you enjoyed the gym it does sound nice. I keep praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. successful post #1! reminds me a little of a psalm that starts out grumbly then busts out w/a statement of thankfulness at the end.

    i wrote a song kinda like that a little bit ago. it may or may not apply to you, but i'll email it to ya anyway.

    oh - why did you go with BLOGGER? cuz ev'one is doin' it? you shoulda gone with wordpress, girl! better choices for looks, and widget stuff. THERE'S still TIME! just copy this post & paste it as post #1 on beckyssocalledlife.wordpress.com! :)

    ReplyDelete